Pages From My Skin

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

TOURING AND RECORDING IN BORIKEN

This past June, I successfully managed to tour the entire island of Boriken [Puerto Rico] from Aguadilla to San Juan as well as Biejo San Juan, Loiza, Fajardo, Vieques [Bieke], Ponce, Adjuntas, Utuado, Cabo Rojo, and back to Aguadilla. Phew!!! For those of you who have never been, that equates to going in a more or less complete circle around the island. What a monumental journey in my life. Growing up, I used to visit my grandparents in Cabo Rojo for the summer but never had I seen the island like this before.

During my trip, I saw the ancient Taino ruins in Caguanas and even the Pre-Taino ruins at El Centro Indigena. I got into the craziest adventures, met all kinds of people, enjoyed some of the hardest laughs my stomach has ever had to endure, played chess, received acupuncture, learned more about my history, was interviewed live on Vieques Radio, and got my music played on UPR (University of Puerto Rico) Radio’s Hip Hop Vox FM (hosted by Velcro). So many stories. I even got to record 2 new songs at Phantom Studios in Bieke (Vieques) with Lady M and MC Natra. One of the songs will definitely be featured on “LIMPIA LIMPIA.” : )

Special thanks to Ramon Serrano, Yasmin Hernandez & Robert Rabin!!!

(Photo by MC Natra)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home