Pages From My Skin

Monday, February 2, 2009

ARRIVAL IN ECUADOR

Last night, I was literally the last one to get through customs and receive my luggage.  Nick & Sam were waiting for me on the ramp as promised.  We took a cab to their place which was unlike anything I was expecting.  They said it was a modern building but DAMN...it was really nice!  I'm staying in the living room on the pullout couch.  Quite comfy!

I was sooo hungry after my 8 1/2 hour flight...so, we went out to eat at this spot called "Dragonfly" in Mariscal which is more of a late-night-tourist kind of area.  The food was good but I'm sure, as Nick suggested, there are much better places to eat...and cheaper!  We watched the end of the Superbowl which was pretty disappointing. (Need I explain?)

All in all, I'm really excited about this 3 month adventure and series of life lessons which I'm sure will be undeniably worth it.  
The road is unfolding...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home