Pages From My Skin

Monday, March 23, 2009

BACK IN QUITO, ECUADOR...

After 3 weeks in Peru, I have to say that I'm kind of glad to be back in Ecuador. It was a life altering trip that I will NEVER forget but in many ways, I miss some of the simplicity of Quito. It's been awhile since I've seen Nick & Sam so it was fun to go back & forth and trade stories. It was kind of hard to explain the things that I saw during my Ayahuasca ceremonies in Iquitos but I prefaced everything by saying, "You might not believe all of this but here's what happened..." I'm still trying to interpret all of the things that I saw. (Dia, you and I def have to speak about this in deep detail.)

Looks like I will resume teaching tomorrow morning at 9am. Right back into the work cycle while still trying to reflect on all of my experiences. I have a new poem that I wrote while riding down to Lake Titicaca. It's called "The Nest" and has a great deal to do with my mom and Grandmother. It's been a poem that I've been wanting to write for such a long time now. It kind of came about in one full shot. Very little editing and I am proud of that. Being away from the slam scene has really helped me further develop my natural voice with little distraction or worry due to confining regulations. I have already begun writing for my 2nd play and I think this poem has a strong place in it. I still have another month and a half in South America....so much growth to acquire.

1 Comments:

  • i love to hear that you are writing fash. you've got a gift that no one can touch. ps thanks for talking about sex with me in front of my parents and boyfriend.

    By Blogger megan falley, At April 20, 2009 at 2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home