Pages From My Skin

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

OPENING FOR LUPE FIASCO PT. II


Before an audience of over 3,000 students at SUNY Oneonta, I was blessed to open up for Lupe Fiasco this past Saturday. The energy was unreal and the stage was ridiculous! There was a part where I simply asked how Oneonta was doing and I was nearly blown off stage by the crowd's energy. Cartoon status. I decided to open things up with a new poem about my mother entitled "The Nest" which led into "Glimpse of Charcoal." I followed that with a new verse over a RUN DMC track. After that, I closed things up with "Visceral Layer" and "Anoxia's Inertia." In my opinion, Lupe killed the set! (Not to mention his drummer!!!) Lupe really has a rockstar presence on stage. Pretty dope to witness! I think it took way too long for him to get on stage though but by the time he did, the crowd was hype! By the end of his set, he had no shirt and no shoes...you do the math!

After the show, I got to see some familiar faces from Oneonta. Got me some good ol' sushi at Tokyo on Main Street. (Jimmy, I had to do it!!!) Afterwards, I just kicked it at a few spots and knocked out somewhere on Church St. I was sooo tired!

There are currently talks of bringing my one man Hip-Hop Musical "Penumbra"to SUNY Oneonta for a special one time performance sometime this Fall. We'll see how that goes down.
















Much to consider but all is snowballing in the right direction. Overall, I feel blessed and growing. Love & Light.

P.S. I will be uploading footage from the performance sometime next week onto youtube. Keep a heads up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home